15 Minute Curl Routine
Are you someone who’s busy but also needs to always look fresh?
In this article, we’ll show you a 15 minute quick and easy curl styling routine recommended by no other than our certified curl ambassadors! In just 5 steps or less, you can achieve that gorgeous and effortless look! 👩🏽🦱✨
1. No-Poo Quick Curl Routine by Gae
Just because it’s a no-poo (no shampoo) day doesn’t mean you won’t do anything for your hair at all! Here’s a quick wash routine with just your conditioners:
- Wet hair
- Apply Curls by Zenutrients conditioner.
“I begin at the tips and work my way up to the roots. I let it on for around 3 minutes and proceed with my shower routine. After 3 minutes, I rinse my hair and dry it with microfiber towel or my used cotton shirt.”
3. Apply a generous amount of Curls by Zenutrients Leave-In-Conditioner to soaking wet hair and spread the product evenly with a dupe denman brush.
“I sometimes do either brush styling or finger coiling but when I'm on a rush, I just scrunch my hair endlessly lol. Diffuse and I'm ready to go!”
Reminder: It’s still important to shampoo every now and then, curlies!
2. Quick Curl Styling by Aurea
Things you need: Curls by Zen Leave-in conditioner, gel and sunflower oil.
“This works for me and ever since became my 2-min go to hair styling. No comb and sectioning needed version!”
- Put the Curls by Zen Leave-in conditioner (peso size) on your soaking wet hands and with praying hand position. Spread it all over your hair.
“ I flip my hair from left to right to front to back while spreading the leave-in in praying hand position to ensure that I evenly spread the leave-in without disrupting the curl pattern.
2. Do the same way with the gel (same amount).
“YES with soaking wet hands as well. However, after I evenly spread them, I scrunch every side of my hair”
3. Lastly, put one pump of sunflower oil on your hand.
“I do scrunch with it! TADAH! I'm done and ready to go!”
3. Sophie Marie’s Modified Flip Section Method (explained by Tiff!)
- Apply Curls by Zen Leave-in conditioner on dripping wet hair. Then, do upside down styling (face downwards) and section hair into 3 sections. Separate using clamps/clips/ties.
- Apply stylers like curl cream/gel per section. Use a denman or boar bristle brush and brush with tension per section. Shake head to form clumps.
- Use a wide tooth comb to break big clumps to smaller clumps. Shake again.
- Scrunch the section with hands and do this for all 3 sections.
Reminder: Shake roots to prevent clumps from sticking to the scalp.
- Use a microfiber towel and plop your curls. Twist slowly from upside down to upright position.
Optional: Apply another layer of gel and glaze over hair. Or you can also apply mousse/foam near root area (but don’t touch scalp) and use fingers to shake roots. You can shake hair sideways to have more root volume!
You can watch the original flip section method by Sophie Marie here!
Taking care of curly hair may sound like a very high-maintenance and time-consuming thing to do but these are also several ways you can “short-cut” your way to amazing curls, especially if you’re a busy curlie! 💚If you want to know more about CGM, you can read about it on our blog:
If you'd like to be convinced to try out CGM, try reading our blog: 3 Reasons Why You Should Try the Curly Girl Method!
We hope the tips from our curlies Gae, Aurea, and Tiff help you! Know other quick curl routines? Share with us in the comments below!