Avoca-who?: Get to know your curl’s favorite ingredient!
Avocado isn’t just a yummy treat for the tummy—it’s also for the hair!
Do you know why it’s one of our key ingredients?
Here are the 3 important benefits of Avocado to your curls!
1. Avocado is moisturizing
Avocado contains natural saturated and monosaturated oils (the good fats!) and these are able to penetrate the hair better than other kinds of oils; making them especially effective in treating dehydrated hair.
2. Avocado repairs damage.
Avocado is rich in vitamin E which nourishes the scalp and helps hair look healthy and hydrated. The fruit also contains minerals like potassium and magnesium which help make curls look smooth and shiny, preventing it from breakage.
3. Avocado helps with hair growth
Avocado is a great source of vitamin B and B-complex (including Biotin), both of which are essential for hair growth!
Check out our collection of curl-approved products, all made with Avocado!
BONUS: Because we love Avocado so much, here are also some random facts about Avocado that we think you should know:
- In the summer of 2017, more than 3,000,000 photos of avocado toast were uploaded to Instagram every day.
- Avocado was once called the “alligator pear tree.”
- Yes, Avocado is actually a fruit.
- A fetus as 16 weeks is as small as avocados
- Avocados are good for skincare too!