Biggest curl struggles: and how to fight them
Hey curlies! Yesterday we asked you what your biggest curl struggles are. But first, remember that with or without having “perfect” curls, you are still beautiful!
Here we list down tips on how you can manage frizz, tangles, dryness, and limpness:
Frizz is the most common struggle that at one point you probably had to deal with it.
Because oils in the scalp do not coat strands as easily in textured hair as they do in straight hair, curls are more prone to be dry and frizzy.
- Make hair care a priority.
- Tame frizz with a leave-in Conditioner. A leave-in conditioner is meant to protect your curls, and provide extra moisture throughout the day even after it’s washed and dried.
- Skip the regular hair towel because it causes Instead, gently squeeze out the excess water from the hair dry with a thin microfiber towel. You can also use a t-shirt if you don’t have microfiber towels.
- Don’t over wash/over shampoo your curls. Because a shampoo’s job is to clean your scalp, it may have stronger properties that can dry out your hair when used too often.
Tangles can be frustrating and difficult to manage especially when you have curls that are uneven or different in types.
- Detangle your strands in the shower and preferably before you apply shampoo. Tangles can also cause more hair fall than usual so doing this prevents that.
- When you detangle, start with your ends and work your way up to the root.
- Use a detangling brush to minimize pressure and prevent damage and split ends.
One cause of limpness is not using the right products for your type of hair. For instance, if you have loose, wavy hair, use lightweight products because heavy ones can weigh your hair down and cause limpness.
- Use a leave-in conditioner as your styling product. Leave-In Conditioner can add life and volume to your hair because it is meant to provide moisture and protection, thus making hair also healthier. You can also add gel to your routine to hold your curls more.
- Use a diffuser. Diffusing is a method of drying that doesn’t disrupt your natural curl pattern, so your curls will look bomb right after you dry it! Plus, it’s faster too.
- Don’t over moisturize your curls. Yes, over moisturizing is also a thing! Do not just use the right products, use the right amount of products. If you are on the wavy side, less is more!
- Wash your curls with the right shampoo. Avoid sulfates because they can be pretty harsh as a cleansing ingredient.
- Do NOT brush your hair dry. Just, don't.
- Use a deep conditioner at least once a week. Think of it like a spa for your curls. You don’t need to do it every day but doing it once in a while can make a BIG difference.
- Dry your hair properly.
- Use oil for extra conditioning and sealing moisture. This, however, needs to be taken with caution as you do not want to end up with greasy hair. Again, balance (and listening to you curls) is the key!
We hope these tips help you, curlies! To know more about our products and recommended use, you can check out our blog.
Did you know we have a MEGA sale this June? Our 250 ml Shampoo and Conditioner are now only 199 pesos each for the whole month of June! And guess what? We have free shipping offers too 💚