How did Zenutrients start?
- The brand began in 2007 as ZEN, as then-creator & his family suffered from skin asthma and psoriasis. He wanted a healthy, natural skin care alternative and found that using Virgin Coconut Oil worked for his family.
- ZEN began by bottling & selling Virgin Coconut Oil, which rapidly expanded to related lines: soaps, massage oils, lotions, shampoos & the like.
How is Zenutrients different from other brands?
- Honest, yummy, pure products! Every item we make is alive with nature’s colors that feel just as good as they look!
Why should I use Zenutrients?
- Skin is the body’s largest organ and what you put on your skin soaks in, so it only makes sense to go as natural as you can with skin & hair care products you use.
MANUFACTURING & INGREDIENTS
Where is Zenutrients made?
- All Zenutrients products are handcrafted by us at our production site in Manila, at 57 East Capitol Drive, Bgy Kapitolyo, Pasig.
Are Curls by Zenutrients products cruelty-free? What about vegan? Safe for pregnant women and children?
- All Curls by Zenutrients products are cruelty-free, we do not test on any animals (ever!)
- All Curls by Zenutrients and Zenutrients hair products do not contain any sulfates, silicones, dyes, parabens, pthalates or proteins, so all are curl / wavy / oily hair friendly
- All our hair products are vegan
- All our products are also safe for use by pregnant women, but of course we suggest showing your doctor our products should you want to make sure.
- Our products are safe for children, but we suggest double checking with your doctor on products that contain peppermint for infants.
- If you’re unsure, we also suggest heading to any of our outlets, using the tester to do a patch test. Apply the product on a small area on the inside of your arm and observe for 20-30 minutes for any reactions.
What ingredients does Curls by Zenutrients use?
- If you want to know more, all our products do have the ingredient list on the back label. We do tend to use a lot of Virgin Coconut Oil / Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil and Tea tree essential oil as well
Where can I buy Curls by Zenutrients?
- You may buy on this site, we are also available on zenutrients.com.ph, Lazada (our official company store is ZenutrientsOfficial), Shopee (our official company store is ZenutrientsPH) and on curlssential.com as well
- In the stores and kiosks that are currently open, the Curls by Zenutrients line will be available as well
- Look for us on viber too! Join the Zenutrients Community Viber page and order directly from our brand ambassadors
I want to become a reseller / distributor! What do I do?
- If you’re interested in our reseller program, or maybe you have a store, or a salon, you may email us at email@example.com.
What discounts do you offer?
- Please watch for our alerts on our website, Facebook & Twitter for promotions.
Do you have corporate gift sets?
- You can contact us directly should you wish to have special gift sets made at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have sets made for hotel, spa & salon owners like me?
- Yes we do. Please contact us directly at email@example.com so we can share our hotel & spa catalog with you
GETTING IN TOUCH WITH ZENUTRIENTS
Where is Zenutrients located?
- We’re located at 57 East Capitol Drive, Bgy Kapitolyo, Pasig.
I’m interested in featuring Zenutrients! Who do I get in touch with?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can coordinate with you.
Can we refill our Zenutrients products or return empty bottles and jars to stores for a discount?
- FDA in general doesn’t allow most companies to refill personal care products due to safety issues (pls imagine how often you open & close a product, expose ingredients etc). When we fill, everything is sanitized - from ingredient to bottle, to ensure the safety & cleanliness of your product. Unilever is the first company that’s able to legally do so & please know we are also appealing to FDA too.
- For collection of used bottles & plastic (ours or not), this comes down to what is truly green. Factoring in space to collect, pick up, clean, sterilize, gas, transport & the manpower; it is green negative for now. But we can collect individually at home. You can donate via ecobricks to The Plastic Solution, or to Green Antz builders that uses it in hollow blocks or to ikot.ph and Winder Recycling that turns it into chairs. Apologies for the lengthy response, we hope to be able to offer new solutions in the future soon.
- How is Zenutrients different from other brands?
We are a locally produced, 100% Filipino brand. We manage the brand from end to end, from sourcing, to production and to retail. Other than that, we are unique because we make really delicious, great-to-use products that truly work. Zenutrients products have a “yummy” quality to them, and we always want to make your in-use experience as delicious as possible.
- What is the difference between natural and organic?
This refers to the source ingredient and how it was grown. So for example – an apple is, of course, natural. If the apple is grown on a farm that uses zero chemicals, using an agreed set of standards on what makes a farm organic (farming practices, production methods, sustainable) then it also becomes an ORGANICALLY GROWN apple.
- Why do product color and consistency vary, even with the same product?
All our products are made with natural and sometimes even raw ingredients, dry ingredients, oils and extracts. There will be inconsistencies and differences – because that’s only natural. Of course, as every person is different, if there are any doubts, it’s always good to check with your doctor what you’re allergic to. This only means we are trying to give you the ingredients in their most natural, untouched state. Which to us, also means a better quality product.
- Are your products safe for pregnant women and children?
Yes, all our products are safe for women and children. Of course, as every person is different, if there are any doubts, it’s always good to check with your doctor what you’re allergic to. For any age: always do a patch test by applying small amount on inside of arm, watch for reactions for 30 mins to 1 hour. If there are no reactions, product is safe to apply.
- Do your products contain parabens?
All Zenutrients products are paraben free. Parabens are the most widely used preservatives in personal care products; they stop fungus, bacteria and other microbes from growing in your favorite creams and makeup, especially in the moist, warm environment of a bathroom. Their names are a mouthful – methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben and isobutylparaben. People believe there may be links to the presence of parabens and cancer, although there is no direct evidence as of the moment.
- Are your products FDA approved?
Yes we have an FDA License to Operate and Individual Product FDA approval as well.
- All our haircare products, Curls by Zenutrients and the main Zenutrients range are all free from sulfates, parabens, dyes, silicones and proteins
- Do you make shampoo and conditioner in one?
No, because shampoos are meant to clean (and as such remove stuff, like dirt from hair); while conditioners are meant to moisturize (and so “stay” in hair). Since they have opposing functions, we don’t want to dilute the shampoo for being a conditioner too, and so we don’t make shampoo and conditoner in one.